WARRANTY & CARE
We recommend that for trouble free operation and longevity of your camper that you:
- Open your camper after rain to inspect for water ingress or intrusion due to a seal that has not been seated or closed correctly.
- Clean the Trailer with mild soapy solution and warm water, and rinse with fresh clean water and make sure all canvas is dry before storage. Never pack up a wet tent and leave for a period greater than 1 day before drying out, this will help prevent mould and mildew.
- Lubricate hardware with silicone spray (or similar) do not use grease or similar product as this attracts dust and dirt and accelerate wear.
- Clean the outside of the trailer and apply a good quality automotive polish. In addition to making it look great, the polish will help protect the paint and prevent it fading.
- Be beware of the use of pressure washers, these are often powerful and can direct spray under trim and damage bodyworks, stickers and seals.
- Because your trailer often stands in one place for long periods this can cause your tyres walls and inside the treads to crack. Keeping the wheels regularly turned, placing on tyre-saving devices or lifting off the ground helps to cut down the cracking process.
- Check your fire extinguisher charge regularly (at least annually).
- When camping near the beach or ocean remember to wash your Trailer and wheel rims regularly with a mild detergent to prevent corrosion and rust.
- When travelling in dusty conditions ensure you travel at a speed to minimise dust intrusion.
- Ensure Aircon Vents are properly taped up and sealed before travel on Dusty roads or water crossing (must be untapped before using appliance) Also taping of all exterior keylocks and switches and water fillers is highly recommended. A cloth backed tape is recommended.
- Inspect all seals regularly and ensure there is no damage and that the adjustment is set correctly as the seals will need adjusting as required. This is the responsibility of the owner to ensure the seals are correctly adjusted for maximum seal performance.
- Travel at a speed to suit conditions. Limit speed over corrugations, lower tyre pressures and take frequent stops to allow shockers to cool.
- Ensure that your trailer is regularly serviced by a trained and competent person as per our Maintenance Schedule.
- Over the summer wet season open and air your camper monthly to prevent moisture build up due to the humidity.
- Once a month run a charge cycle through your batteries as this will prolong battery life
SUV CAMPERS warrants that for a period of one year (12 months) from the date of invoice/ first purchase (“Warranty Term”), any items of the Trailer that are of SUV CAMPERS manufacture will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to have trailer parts repaired or replaced at the manufacturer’s discretion if subject to a manufacturing fault or defect.
Warranty Process and Terms
- If work under this Warranty is required, the Purchaser must correctly fill out the warranty claim form on the website and submit for approval, if no internet access is available or if you are unsure contact your selling SUV CAMPERS Agent or SUV CAMPERS as listed on the back page of this booklet, they will assist in processing your claim.
- SUV CAMPERS will not reimburse costs of repairs performed by other companies without prior written consent from SUV Camper Trailers.
- Any Warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- proof of purchase;
- full details of the alleged defect;
- appropriate documentation (such as historical and maintenance records) and photos of defects.
- The Purchaser must make the Trailer available to the main manufacturing facility where the SUV Camper was made, being Guardian Campers Rockhampton, Guardian Campers Caboolture, Sahara Trailers Townsville or an Authorised Agent approved by the trailer manufacturer in writing.
- If inspection by a non-accredited Service Agent is necessary a recognised RV repairer must be used and must be approved by SUV Campers. The reimbursable cost for this initial inspection born by SUV Campers is capped at $80.00 and any cost over this amount is the responsibility of the purchaser. If such inspection and testing find no defect attributable to SUV Campers in the Trailer, the Purchaser must pay SUV Campers or the Agent usual costs of inspection and testing.
- If inspection and testing reveal defects in the Trailer, SUV Campers will refer you to an approved repairer for assessment. If the claim is approved, SUV Campers may authorise the repair and issue an authorisation number to the approved repairer. Any claim for repairs carried out without prior authorisation will be denied under this Warranty.
- In the event that the Purchaser may have to lodge a claim under this Warranty, it is possible that the repairs or the handling of such claim may be delayed if the details on the Warranty Registration Certificate are not completed and forwarded to place of purchase with 7(seven) days of purchase.
- Warranties apply only to items sold as “NEW” and do not extend to any items sold as “ex-demonstrator” or “as is where is” unless specifically stated otherwise by SUV Campers in writing.
Terms and Conditions
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Warranty, the Selling Dealer may, at its absolute discretion, advise our Claims Department to consider a request from the Purchaser to repair or replace any damaged parts which are covered under this Warranty. Any claim must be made by the Purchaser during the Warranty Term. It is the responsibility and obligation of the Purchaser the place of purchase immediately when a fault becomes apparent.
- Benefits conferred by this Warranty on the Purchaser are in addition to any other rights and remedies available under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL).
- This Warranty covers the original Trailer only. This only includes the following items:
- General plumbing;
- General electrical wiring and fitting;
- Exterior panels;
- The chassis.
- The Purchaser must bear the cost of transport of the Trailer to and from the main manufacturing facility where the SUV Camper was made, being Guardian Campers Rockhampton, Guardian Campers Caboolture, Sahara Trailers Townsville or an Authorised and approved SUV CAMPERS Agent, and all insurance of the Trailer. This includes any fees for maintenance service, consumables, removal and refitting of appliances, towing fees or travelling time which may be required by a repairer to perform warranty repairs. SUV CAMPERS or the Selling Dealer will not be liable for the disrupted travel plans, accommodation or other associated costs whilst repairs are carried out to the Trailer in the event of an authorised claim. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to deliver the Trailer to an authorised repairer on the event of a claim on this Warranty. In the case of rectification of claims deemed to be major the trailer must be returned to the Manufacturing base of Origin to have repairs completed; this is at the purchaser’s expense.
- The repair or replacement of the Trailer or defective part is the absolute limit of SUV CAMPER’S liability under this Warranty.
- Replacement parts are not required to be identical to the original, these replacements may be similar, and will be determined by the manufacture/repairer/availability.
- This Warranty is only provided to the original Purchaser of the Trailer and is not transferable.
- This Warranty is void if the Trailer has been leased, hired or loaned or is used on commercial applications
- This Warranty does not cover the following items:
- Brakes or tyres, wheel bearings and general wear and tear items
- Accessories or parts not of SUV origin supplied with the camper, these are warranted by the manufacturer of the accessories or parts.
- Tents and accessories including canvas are supplied in new condition at time of purchase, to this end, no warranties are extended to tents and accessories, pegs, poles etc. due to the nature and use and handling tents and the terrain where they are used.
- Zips and Screens are not covered
- Mould and Mildew arising from the camper being left in a damp or wet state.
- Paint and Road inflicted damage such as stone chipping and rust and corrosion.
- Defects resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident or any other cause beyond the control of SUV CAMPERS;
- Any rectification, modification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation, or due to any other reason, which occurs after manufacture of the Trailer.
- Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to the continued usage or towing after a defect has or should have become apparent to the Purchaser.
- Defects resulting from the Purchaser’s failure to properly use, operate or maintain the Trailer in accordance with SUV CAMPERS instructions, recommendations or specifications including environment, temperature, water, fire, humidity, pressure, stress or similar.
- Defects resulting from a failure to service the Trailer in accordance with the Service Requirements contained in this booklet.
- Defects resulting from circumstances that would have been avoided if the Pre-travel Checklist contained in this booklet had been followed.
- Defects resulting from using unauthorised parts or accessories and/or unauthorised on or in relation to the Trailer.
- Defects resulting from using the Trailer other than for the purpose for which it was designed.
- Defects resulting from the Purchaser’s failure to follow the Trailer Care procedures set out in this booklet.
- Water and other damage caused by creek crossings, flooding and other similar conditions.
- Damage or defects caused by excessive speed, impact or use of the Trailer in unsuitable 4WD or off-road conditions.
- Shrinking, fading, punctures or tears to fabric items such as soft furnishings, mattresses and upholstery.
- Damage to surfaces and seals caused by after-treatments such as coatings, protectants and sealants.
- Manufacturer will not warrant damage or soiling caused by dust intrusion into the camper
- Normal wear and tear, deterioration due to exposure or damage due to natural causes.
- Any towing with an incorrect weight distribution or incorrect towing equipment causing Accidental damage.